Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rainbow cake and getting on the band wagon.

I couldn't resist anymore. I saw the lovely sweetapolita's blog at sweetapolita and her great rainbow cake. Well as I was going to a party I wanted to bring something festive. The rainbow cake is so very easy to make and I used her recipe as well. For the buttercream I used a shortening based recipe which had a very light mouthfeel and looked white too.

I didn't do any fondant coverage or decorations - sometimes you just want a lovely looking cake that just tastes great.

Unfortunately, it was very dark at the party so the picture is not the brightest and the host was so lovely to take it for me. Therefore, I think I will have to make this all over again one day!!! Any excuse will do.




Oh and as you can see I made 7 color layers - just to be different.

1 comment: